Join us at Supercars as we step into a new era of cutting-edge technology! We're seeking a Category Technical Director to lead our technical department, connecting teams, commissions, and OEMs, while shaping the future of the Supercars Championship.
As Supercars goes into a new era with improved access to industry-leading technologies to manage an ever-increasing technology-led series, we are also investing in its technical team with the new role of Category Technical Director. With improved tools like a world-leading wind tunnel program, AVL dyno capability, and torques sensors, Supercars is restructuring its technical team with additional manpower and resources.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Technical Department for Supercars.You will be responsible for being the conduit between the technical department and the Supercars Teams, Commission, and OEM’s, while managing the current technical regulations.
In conjunction with the Head of Motorsport and the Supercars CEO, develop an overall strategy for the future technical direction of the Supercars Championship and DS2/DS3.
- In conjunction with the Supercars board, define and develop an overall strategy for the future technical management and direction of the Supercars Championship and DS2/DS3.
- Manage the implementation of the strategy, keeping relevant executive team members and the Supercars board updated on a regular basis
- Manage on a day-to-day basis Technical department staff
- Manage the implementation of Supercars Commission changes to technical rules and specifications.
- Be the primary source of communication between the Technical department and the Teams and OEM’s
- Review, develop and troubleshoot regulations and rules, and provide appropriately rescheduled proposals for further consideration
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring technical parity, including overseeing any parity and performance testing as required
- Manage the homologation process for new makes and models of vehicles that enter the Championship
- Oversee the Technical staff, contractors and consultants as required
- Manage and implement tender process as required
- Provide necessary support for all V8 Supercars Teams, manufacturers, suppliers and other interested parties to ensure compliance with regulations
- In Conjunction with the Head of Motorsport, coordinate and Chair the Technical Working group meetings
- When required, attend Commission meetings to provide information and updates as well as address any technical issues
- Review, manage, and maintain all technical relationships with its contractors, service providers, and parts suppliers.
- Develop post-event technical reports and provide information to relevant parties
- Develop and foster existing technical relationships with other high-level racing series around the world, like NASCAR, SRO, and F1 for example.
- All other tasks and projects, as required, which contributed to the success of the company
Head of Motorsport
Team Technical Managers
In addition to a high level of technical expertise, the successful candidate must be able to display experience in conflict resolution and success in delivering results in a fast-paced environment with multiple key stakeholders.
- Must have a degree knowledge of high-end engineering software and be able to develop API’s, simulation software and tools, code writing, etc
- High-level knowledge of Motec systems and software
- High-level experience of working with suspension kinematics software, CAD, ideally SolidWorks, Matlab
- Strong knowledge of engine dynamometers and software
- Strong knowledge of CFD, vehicle dynamics, and tyre modeling.
- In-depth technical knowledge of motor racing generally
- Race engineering experience
- Experience in managing a technical department.
- Previous involvement in high-level international motorsport
- Design engineering experience
- The candidate will have a Degree in Engineering and/or direct experience in a related role.
- A demonstrated ability to interpret rules and regulations will also be beneficial.
- The ability to write technical rules and regulations would be highly regarded
Supercars will provide sponsorship for the right candidate