Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our Kannapolis, NC location and have an exciting position available in our Marketing department. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity to make a substantial impact within a small team. We are looking for a team-oriented, experienced Brand Director.
About Haas F1 Team
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. Haas F1 Team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. We have proven to be competitive within our first three seasons with a uniquely-designed team, quickly demonstrating our desire to win!
Reports to the Team Principal or their designee and may be located in the US or UK. Provide innovative leadership in creating an organization's brand strategy, including developing long-term goals and an annual operating process. Responsible for building our brand and raising brand awareness, shaping our outward image to deliver innovative marketing campaigns creating a fan base and attracting sponsors. Manages and oversees the company branding & marketing initiatives and personnel. Serves as the point-person for developing, implementing and executing marketing initiatives and activities. These initiatives and activities include campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs and sponsorship.
- Manage department personnel from recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement through to separation.
- Mentor, train and guide personnel as required. Develop staff using effective performance reviews and development plans.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights
- Shape and communicate our vision and mission
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Team Principal or his designee.
- Management and coordination of all Marketing initiatives including Creative Design and Guest Relations.
- Create and execute annual strategic plans designed to meet organizational goals, including margin enhancement and revenue generation.
- Manage contract negotiation and execution with assistance from Senior Marketing Manager
- Marketing Program development, forecasting, revenue reporting and managing promotional spend.
- In charge of managing and developing P&L and driving market growth. Estimating and establishing cost parameters, budgets, campaigns, and potential ROI
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and assess ROI and KPIs. Reviewing success of campaign and developing ways to improve on brand recognition.
- Overseeing personnel and fostering collaboration and working with business development to create streamlined marketing programs.
- Allocates resources, helps determine direction of marketing plans and sponsorship related assets.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Serve as a liaison for external customers, with the focus on maintaining current relationships and fostering new ones. Oversees relationships with sponsors and their management teams.
- Oversee the management of organizational activities like trade shows, product presentations, and customer-sponsored events organized by the Senior Marketing Manager
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Oversee the management of the day to day client communications and the process of sponsorship contractual obligations while maintaining client satisfaction.
- Ensures activation related issues are resolved informing the CFO and Team Principal of any problems that arise.
- Acts with the Senior Marketing Manager as central point of contact to address marketing and sponsorship related issues
- Perform business reviews with customers on a quarterly basis.
- Works closely with client project team to maintain a continuous knowledge of program status to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the program.
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the sponsor's interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the sponsor and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the sponsors.
- Participates in additional miscellaneous projects.
- Participates in management related meetings.
- Assumes any responsibilities delegated by the Team Principal or their designee.
- Follows all safety regulations in all venues.
Education and Work Experience:
- Marketing or Business Degree or equivalent required.
- Typically requires at least a minimum 10 years of marketing and management experience in racing or a sports environment
- Minimum 5 years in a management role
- Proven working experience as a brand manager
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Experience in Digital Marketing, including CRM campaigns, online tracking tools, with an understanding of digital advertising metrics (CPM/CPC/CPA)
- Experience with technologies and best practices for web design, web production, and creative design across multiple platforms
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Budget management and skills proficiency
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Event planning experience, strong inter-personal and organizational skills with the ability to work under tight timelines.
- The ability to quickly & calmly react and solve problems, especially at track, “on the fly” necessary.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Able to manage, schedule, and motivate employees
- Ability to work in an international environment
Equipment and Applications:
Strong computer skills using Microsoft suite of products, printer, scanner, mobile phone or similar device.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
Typically works in an office environment. Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion. Must be able to travel internationally which involves long flight times on occasion. Some stress may occur when tight deadlines are being navigated.