Since 2009, our focus – indeed obsession – has been the pursuit of a meticulously restored and reimagined air-cooled Porsche 911. Our lofty objective to distil, enhance and recombine the strands of greatness that have long marked the Porsche 911 as iconic.
Today, the cars we restore to bespoke commission for our global clientele appear in the world’s most prestigious global automotive shows and publications.
Singer Vehicle Design is offering you the opportunity to join brilliant people in building this new and exciting business.
Singer Vehicle Design was formed in 2009 to explore the creative possibilities within the vibrant world of the classic automobile. We are dedicated to the passionate study, preservation and optimisation of the world’s most respected high-performance vehicles.
There are no shortcuts to achieve this. Every detail is considered and finessed. The highest standards of execution and finish reflect our company’s quest for excellence in all areas.
Our philosophy remains: Everything is Important.
Hours of Work: 08:00 – 17:00 (Lunch 45 minutes)
Location: Woodford Halse, Northamptonshire
The Job: This growing business is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their team to support the Bodyshell shop
· Completing own preparation as allocated in relation to job card
· Ensuring all parts are approved and ordered on dismantling and receiving relevant sign off
· Working to tight tolerances with a high-quality finish
· Installing of roll cages and bodyshell modifications
· MIG and TIG welding of thin gauge steel to high structural and aesthetic standards
· Assisting with the development of build manuals, engineering drawings and processes
· Light structural restoration and panel repair fabrication
· Adhere to a high level of personal presentation
· Maintain the workshop in a clean and professional way
· All plant and equipment is maintained correctly, any defects reported
· Be familiar with and work to the company’s health and safety standards
· Advise and report on any issues relating to health and safety
· To comply with all company policies and procedures
· Support other departments when required
· Strong Motorsport/full steel monocoque restoration experience or similar
· Candidates will need to be highly skilled in competition car preparation
· Able to competently jig shells and weld roll cages
· Candidates must also be skilled in car restoration and metal fabrication
· Experience with composite panels and adhesive is beneficial but not essential
· Be fully competent in the use of MIG and TIG
· Be able to communicate effectively and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
· Excellent communication, organisation and inter-personal skills
· Must have good attention to detail
· Energetic, proactive, calm under pressure, highly personable, and mature personality
· Strong Team-worker – ability to thrive in a small, closely-knit, and dedicated team
· Excellent OrganisationalSkills
· Flexibility – being prepared to work longer hours when occasionally required
· Past experience in working within an automotive bodyshop is essential
Education and Qualifications Required
· Full Driving licence - Essential