PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, an Australian owned company, is a global market leader in the
design and manufacture of high performance, automotive cooling solutions. As a worldwide leader
in cooling technologies, PWR supplies high profile race teams in Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars,
WRC, DTM, and LMP among others. PWR also has a strong presence in the automotive aftermarket
and is continually growing OE business activities with high-end, prestigious customers. We employ
over 500 staff globally, with operations in Australia, the USA and the UK.
Our newly established facility at Rugby is expanding rapidly and we are seeking motivated and committed people to join our team. As we develop and grow our manufacturing facility we offer a solid career opportunity for highly experienced, trade qualified Aluminium TIG welders competent in welding heat exchangers, radiators, intercoolers, oil coolers and other complex components of an aerospace or motorsport nature.
You will have industry experience in this field and be available for a full-time position with flexibility for overtime in the busy times.
• Ability to weld fine grade aluminium to a high structural and visual standard
• Able to read and interpret detailed 2D drawings
• Strong fabrication and hand tool skills
• Able to work to strict deadlines with high accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to remain calm and focused in a high-pressure environment
• Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
• Problem solving
• Proven experience in welding 1.2mm -3mm aluminium would be desirable, but experience in aluminium is essential.
• Experience welding heat exchangers for the motorsport or aerospace industries would be highly regarded
• You would ideally be a specialised, precision aluminium Welder.
• A good understanding of jig and fixture utilisation to achieve final part accuracy
• Quality and pride in workmanship
• Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
• Strong work ethic and a professional manner
• Commitment to maintaining a safe and tidy workplace
• Be able to work autonomously and be self-driven
• Able to troubleshoot problematic jobs
• Confident decision maker
• Checking that finished products comply with specifications
• Company uniform provided
• Career progression
• Competitive remuneration
• Expected hours 40 per week – Monday to Friday
A weld test will be given at interview. For the right candidates, opportunities for progression and specialisation will become available.
Work Location: In person – Rugby, Warwickshire
This is a re-listed job, previous applicants need not re-apply