The current open position provides the successful candidate with a uniquely well-rounded opportunity with a well-respected motorsports company to experience and develop both their computational and experimental engineering skills across several fast-paced, top-line motorsports categories.
- Taking a simulation project from start to finish including geometry creation, mesh generation, simulation, and post-processing to provide insights into a given engineering problem.
- Work with internal and external experts to develop best practices for CFD simulation to improve accuracy and throughput.
Wind tunnel testing support
- Facilitate efficient use of wind tunnel time
- Assist in developing best practices for wind tunnel testing
- Tracking of aerodynamic development progress
Min B.S. in Aero/Mech Engineering
- Proficient user of CFD software for external aerodynamic and thermal analysis
- Laboratory testing experience including test planning, execution, analysis, and recommendations
- Coursework in fluid mechanics (understanding of basic flow theory)
- 2-3 years of academic or professional experience in the aerodynamic development of vehicles.
Software / Skills
- CFD (CCM+ preferred)
- CAD (Catia preferred)
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Well rounded communication skills
- Team player
- Enthusiastic learner / self-driven
This is a long term contract position
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or temporary resident. Temporary residence status does not include individuals in non-immigrant status (H, B, L, or TN visas) or those with temporary work authorization, such as students in practical training status (F and J visas).
This position does not qualify for any visa sponsorships.