Honda Racing Development are seeking a Design Office Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to take ownership of the data entry on the ERP system and upstream BOM data. You will check and verify Design Release and associated data, and control the import and entry of this data into company manufacturing (ERP) system with responsibility for Bill of Materials (BoM) construction and maintenance, in order to support the production processes to deliver Formula One Motorsport Programmes. This role is based in Milton Keynes, although to support the training needs for this role, initially some business travel within UK will be required. Occasional additional business travel may be required thereafter.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
• Able to demonstrate in depth understanding of ERP/MRP processes, system requirements and maintenance.
• Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of race car materials, production and operation.
• Solid understanding with Bills of Materials, their structure and compilation.
• Suitably skilled in the use of MS Office software
• Excellent at communicating and working within a small group and with external clients
• Excellent with their attention to detail and drive to achieve the right result for the team
• Able to succinctly communicate/translate complex technical information verbally and in writing
• Experienced in working in a high-pace environment, ideally within formula one or motor sport environment
• High level of attention to detail is key for this role
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong problem solving skills
• Flexible both in mind-set and readiness to work a wide variety of working hours
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
• Cross cultural working environment experience highly desirable
• Competence and licence to drive in the UK
• PC literate