Sevcon Limited – Motorsport Engineering opportunities
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are working in partnership with Sevcon Limited who have recently set up a new office based in the heart of Oxfordshire.
Sevcon, which manufactures motor controllers and system components for electric vehicles, has expanded its UK presence with the opening of a base in the South East as it looks to create new engineering jobs in the next 18 months.
Due to a recent Motorsport project win, Sevcon-Oxford need to recruit Power Electronic Engineers.
· Work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver new power electronic designs
· Play a key role in entire engineering lifecycle from product conception to production
· Utilise a cohesive knowledge of power electronics in the 1kW to 250kW range
· Utilise a sound knowledge of analogue and digital electronic design principles
· Knowledge of inverter or DC/DC converter design preferred
· Product design
· Working as part of a team to ensure product meets agreed specifications
· Electrical and electronic prototyping
· Ensuring that electrical design and test meets relevant national and international standards
· Investigating and evaluating new components, systems and processes
· Report writing
· Degree level knowledge of power electronics
· Experience in design and build of electronic prototypes and production units
· Understanding of design for reliability principles
· Understanding of design for manufacture principles
In addition to this we would also like to hear from experienced Motorsport / Engineering professionals with experience in the following areas:
Mechanical Design Engineers,
Sevcon-Oxford require candidates to have the following personal competencies:
Enthusiasm, Analytical, Self-Motivated, Excellent Communication, Positive attitude.
To apply please send your CV to Nick Gerrell - firstname.lastname@example.org