The overall purpose of this position is to work as part of the software project team developing current and future engineering toolsets along with other internally developed software in the future. The role involves working on all aspects of the software life cycle, from design through to implementation and deployment.
Key Accountabilities/Duties include:
· Design, implement and develop robust software systems in line with the team’s practices.
· Maintain and extend the team’s existing software applications.
· Provide software assistance to other team members.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· A strong proven competence in developing engineering toolsets in Visual C# and Visual C++, with some development work in C++/CLI.
· Strong proven competences in problem solving and delivering high quality solutions.
· An understanding of the following skills would also be desirable: SQL, Stored Procedures, XML, OOD, source control systems, multi-threaded programming, installation tools, debugging tools and automated testing.
· A proven competence of a racing environment would be advantageous.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude and the ability to work under minimal supervision, to strict deadlines.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.
Closing date: Thursday 31 May 2012